Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sports Post

In my last post I talked about how I played basketball, but didn't give much detail about it. That is why I am writing this post.

I play two sports, but I am good at five. I play baseball and basketball, and I used to play soccer. I am good at football, hockey, and soccer, as well as baseball and basketball. My mom says I can't play hockey because I'll get hurt, and she says the same thing about football. In baseball my main position is first base, but I can also be found catching or pitching. On the other hand my main position in basketball is center (because of my hight) but I can also be found at a guard position.




I was only five years old in this picture so I was probably watching, hoping he did not pass to me.  That year my team probably would have won the championship, but we did not keep track of wins and losses.




In this picture I am catching a ball while playing first base.  That year I hit five home runs during the season. (They were very cheap homers.  That means that in tougher leagues they would have been caught.)  



What sports do you play?  What position do you play?  










6 comments:

  1. Dear Bryce,

    Neat post! I like the picture of you playing baseball. I like to play basketball, soccer, football, and I would like to play baseball.

    In basketball I play center, obviously because of my height. In Soccer I play defender, goalie, and right mid, I mostly play right defender. In football I am QB, WR, and HB. Those stand for quarterback, wide receiver, and half back. In baseball I would like to play catcher or pitcher.

    I would like to succeed in basketball and play for the University of Wisconsin (go Badgers), basketball program.

    What do you want to do with sports when you get older?

    Warmly,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Peter,

      Thank you. I am almost as tall as you are and probably as athletic, so I'd probably fit all the positions you play. In baseball what you said is kind of funny because the pitcher and the catcher together are called the battery, and what you said means you want to be the plus and the minus side of the battery.

      I may want to play sports when I get older, but I have not decided.
      Why would you want to go to play for the Badgers?

      Sincerely,

      Bryce

      Delete
  2. Chance and SheilaMay 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM

    Dear Bryce,

    Chance's favorite sports is sking and racing. Sheila's favorite sports are soccer and kickball.In soccer I mostly play goal.Chance said he is going to make a post of him sking.

    From,
    Chance and Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chance and Sheila,

      I don't particularly like any of the sports mentioned except for kickball. When I played soccer, there was one game when I made all the saves that came to me at goalie, and I scored two goals.

      That is a good idea to make a post about skiing.

      Chance, have you ever finished first in a race?
      Sheila, if you were to play kickball which position would you hope for?

      Sincerely,

      Bryce

      Delete
  3. Bryce,

    What a terrific post about sports! The pictures are fantastic and really help tell the story.

    I liked how you mentioned that when you were a novice player, you hoped that no one threw you the ball. That is a typical feeling when kids are young and learning something new.

    I do not play any sports. However, I think I would have like to play basketball. Do you think I would be a good player? What position would suit me?

    Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.Yollis,

    Thank you. When you said when I was a novice in basketball I did not want the ball it reminded me of when I played soccer. I did not want the ball then either! You are right about it being a typical feeling that when you are new you just want to have the feeling of being there.

    If you were to play basketball I'd put you at the power forward position or center. Both positions are good for tall people, and I think you have the height.

    What other positions would you want to play?

    Sincerely,

    Bryce

    ReplyDelete